Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

Today I got version 2.0 of the Homenet.me site launched and at the moment it looks exactly the same. All of the changes are behind the scenes. For most of Fall 2011 I worked on creating a Content Mangement System for the same platform that homenet.me is based on.  I launched my personal website mcdportal.com on it as a test bed and now I have incorporated all those improvements into homenet.me

Changes:
  1. I updated all of the HomeNet.me code to meet my latest coding standards.
  2. Started adding phpdoc tags through out so I can auto generate documentation
  3. I wrote unit tests for all of the homenet.me services and fixed LOTS of bugs (it's amazing my thesis project worked as well as it did)
  4. Incorporated a new permission system in to the entire website. A public demo of HomeNet.me in action will be launched soon.
  5. Static Pages like index/about/contact all use the new cms system which allows me to easily edit the content.
  6. This blog will soon be moved over to the new cms system when I get some time. Blogger still works fine for now.

2012 is going to be awesome year as I finally get to dedicate more time to the project and hopefully I'll have it ready to launch publicly later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment